Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Peppermint Bark Recipe

Good evening! Happy Christmas Eve everyone! I am finally done wrapping presents! My back is killing me! LOL Hopefully you are all enjoying your evening and having fun with your family and friends. Katie let Jared and Lauren open a present so they are currently occupied! ;)

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days; work is kicking my butt! Here is the peppermint bark recipe. It's so yummy!

What you will need:

6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate. Use a good brand, or a brand that you would eat by itself. I actually used Baker's chocolate.
6 ounces white chocolate. Again, I used Baker's chocolate. Just make sure whatever brand you use, that the white chocolate has cocoa butter in it.
1/3-1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy; candy canes or starlight mints.
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
9x9 pan
aluminum foil

First line your pan with aluminum foil. I actually used a plastic tupperware bowl instead. But I did line it with foil because it makes removal easy!
Melt the semi sweet chocolate with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. I used a clear glass bowl and it does get hot! LOL Immediately pour the melted chocolate into the pan and tilt the pan from side to side to spread it out and it makes an even layer. Refrigerate until it hardens; about 30 minutes.
Then, melt the white chocolate with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Immediately pour the melted white chocolate over the dark chocolate and tilt the pan from side to side to flatten it out. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes evenly over the white chocolate while it's still melte. Refrigerate until it hardens; about 30 minutes.
Remove the Peppermint Bark from the pan by lifting the edges of the aluminum foil. Peel back the foil and cut it with a knife or break it up with your hands.


Thanks for checking in! Have a wonderful night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment