Saturday, June 29, 2013

Vintage Tiny Junk Journal - Photos and Video

Happy Saturday everyone!  So during my lapse in blogging since September, I have been a busy crafting bee!  :)  I decided I would share those projects one at a time with you all.

I am in a group on Facebook and several of us joined a swap for Tiny Junk Journals.  I made two different ones for my swap partner.  She really loves vintage so the first one I made I did just that.
 I used a file folder for the cover and distressed all the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Frayed Burlap.  The pages are made from regular copy paper that I tea dye and coffee stained.  They are sewed into the cover using the Pamphlet stitch.  


The patterned paper that I use is all from the My Mind's Eye Sunshine Collection.  I used a 6x6 pad.  I also used tea dyed book pages, tea dyed doilies, tea dyed shipping tags and various stamps. I also added tea dyed seam binding to all the tags, (not pictured).

Here is the video if you would like a closer look!
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!  I will share the other junk journal in a separate post.  I hope you have an amazing day!


7 comments:

  1. OKAY! This is the COOLEST journal i have ever seen. WOW!! Never knew tea dying could make such pretttyyyy project. Love love love your journal.
    I'm your new subbie. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Khadija!! Thank you so much!! And thank you for subbing! I really appreciate it!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome!! You rocked it! This was the first time doing a junque journal and I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is gorgeous.. i love that paper line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Carrie! Yes, this is a gorgeous paper line!!

      Delete
  4. Yes oh yes. Love this, love the colors. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete