Monday, July 1, 2013

Junk Journals! - Photo Heavy

So one of my favorite things to do is make journals!  I love everything about it; gathering my papers, bags, envelopes, doilies, cardstock, graph paper, and other supplies.  I love the creative process. In the pictures below, you see three different journals.  The one on the right I've used various Dylusions sprays and homemade sprays.  The one in back, I've use tea dyed and coffee stained papers, and the one in the front middle, I used cardstock at the cover. 
  The first one I'm going to show you is the one on the right.  The one I used Dylusions Sprays in, as well as homemade sprays.  The stamping is done using dollar bin stamps from Michaels.  The pages are all made of cardstock with some having patterned paper attached to them.  I distressed all the edges of the pages using a handheld distress tool from Making Memories.   The covers are made from a recycled muffin box.
 
Here is the video I made on this album.
  
The journal below is the one in the middle with the cardstock covers.  I sewed three sheets of cardstock together and scored it to make the spine.  I then inked the cover with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in various colors to get the "leather look."  I totally love how this one turned out!  In the pictures below I am just sharing a few of the pages in this journal.  I've used my sewing machine to sew together various scraps of paper with doilies and then glued them to the page in the journal just along the edge so that I could use the grouping at a "tuck spot."
  In the picture below this is an envelope that I cut the flap off of.  This envelope has been tea dyed.  I glued on a doily, book page, and pattern paper scrap just to dress it up a bit. 
Here is the video I made on the book above.
And here is the video I made on the journal on the left.
These journals are so fun and easy to make.  I hope you are inspired to make your own!  Hope you have an amazing day!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your journals. Especially love all those different colors on the pages. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mimi!! Sorry for my delay in my response!
      hugs
      Rachel

      Delete