Friday, December 12, 2008

Glitter Star Ornament

Happy Friday! Everyone having a nice night so far? I made this Gltter Star Ornament today after seeing it on Martha Stewart Crafts. I bought a few of her things the other day at Michaels and hadn't used any of it yet. And I can always use more ornaments!! The link to her tutorial is >>here<<. This one >>here<<>
~Paper Trimmer
~2 colors cardstock
~Glue pen
~Martha Stewart Fine Glitter
~The Ultimate Glue (to glue cones to circle template)
~Colluzle Circle Template and swivel knife
~Snowflake punch
~Brad
~Paper Piercer
~Marvy Scallop Circle Punch (blue one)
~3 Pop Dots
~Ribbon
~1/16" circle punch
~Stickles
~Martha Stewart gel adhesive
~Little paintbrush to spread the glue inside the cones

I cut 12 squares out. Mine are 1-1/2" squares but you could go larger or smaller depending on what size ornament you want. I made the cone shape with each square and glued the edges together, slightly overlapping them. I used the blue glue pen to do this and held it still for a second with tweezers. I cut a circle out (white cardstock) as the base (with my colluzle) and folded it in half once, unfolded it, and folded it in half again the opposite way. This makes a nice "bulls eye" in the center so I could make sure the cones were straight. As I made the cones, I glued them on the base with the Ultimate Glue. Then I started the glittering process! I spread glue in the cones one at a time and poured some glitter in and swirled it around. Then tapped the excess out. Do one cone at a time!! After they were all glittered, I set this aside and worked on the medallion. I punched the circle out with my marvy punch and then I did lots of paper piercing! At first it started out as just piercing on the scalloped edges then I started making lines going into the center and then I just filled it up! LOL. I added stickles to each scallop but you can't see it very well in the photo. I then put 3 pop dots (stacked) in the center of my cones so that the medallion would stick up enough. Then I punched out two snowflakes and layered them alternating the points. I put a brad in the middle and then attached it to the medallion with a glue dot. Lastly, I put stickles all over the snowflake. Oh and added the ribbon! What do you think? I love it! LOL I am definitely going to make more!! If you haven't tried them, you should; they are fun and so sparkly! ;) Thanks for stopping by! Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment