Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wedding Guest Book! Design Team Project for Ephemera's Vintage Garden

Hi Everyone!  Happy Sunday and Happy Spring!  Thank you for stopping by for a visit today!  I wanted to share with you a beautiful Wedding Guest Book I made using Ephemera's Vintage Garden's, printable journal kit called Love is Chic, found HERE.  This is a gorgeous journal kit, very soft and feminine, perfect for a wedding guest book.  Warning, this will be a very picture heavy post!


It measures 5-3/4 x 7-3/4 x 2-3/4".  It has a chipboard cover and spine.  I wrapped the chipboard with cream colored cardstock (Recollections brand from Michaels) and inked all the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye.  I then stained a piece of curtain lace with the same ink and wrapped the cover with the lace.  I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die to cut flower shapes from the same lace and dyed those with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Tea Dye.  I cut white felt from the Tattered Florals Die and stained those with Distress Stain in Bundled Sage.  I crocheted some flowers and dyed those with Distress Stain in Victorian Velvet.  I dyed paper doilies with Tea Dye.  The image is from a free printable from Ephemera's Vintage Garden called, Ephemeral Rose Cards.  They can be found HERE.  I used a distress tool from Making Memories to rough up the edges of the journal card, which is matted on the same cream colored cardstock and inked with Tea Dye.  I used various lace trims from Joann Fabrics.  The one on the spine I dyed with Tea Dye.The one on the cover with the bead work is it's original color. 

I hand dyed some seam binding for the closure with Tea Dye.  


I hand tore all of the pages and inked all the edges with Tea Dye.  
 

Here are some close ups of the cover.




Here is the inside of the front cover and the first page.  I used some organza ribbon from my stash to wrap around the brown piece of paper as well as the envelope.  Everything you see here is from the journal kit, except the label die, which is from Tim Holtz.  The brown piece of paper is actually meant to be used as the cover pieces from the kit.  I used dew drops in the centers of all the flowers. 


All of the pages are in signatures and I sewed them in to the spine.  In the center of each signature is an envelope that looks like this (picture below).  I dyed the paper doilies with Distress Stain in Victorian Velvet, as well as the lace flowers cut from the Tattered Florals Die.  The heart is from the journal kit. 


These are the tags from the envelope.


They look like this...



Look how gorgeous this paper is!!





All of the printed designs are glued back to back and I left them open at the top so they can be used as pockets.  


Here is a view of the book open, and also the journal cards from Ephemeral Rose.


So that is my Wedding Guest Book!  I am soooo happy with the end result even though I made some mistakes along the way.  Everything is fixable!!  I hope you enjoyed seeing my journal and I hope it inspires to make your own.  This kit can be used for Spring themed journals, summer journals, guest books, mini albums... you're only limited by your imagination!  :)  Thanks for stopping by today!!  A video showcasing this guest book is coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I'm speechless Rachel, this book is amazing. I love of all the distressed edges and the lace. You embellished this book so beautifully. Thank you for another GORGEOUS team project. You keep outdoing yourself, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is stunning! I love the dyed lace and all the little touches you put in your work. The flowers are beautiful and I love how you have distressed the edges of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rachel. Love the distressed look to it.

    ReplyDelete