Saturday, October 25, 2008

Good Saturday Morning to You!

Well, as you might be able to tell, I made some color changes last night to my blog. Just the link colors, the text color, the title color.........that sort of thing. And put my blog name and description up at the top in the picture. I love changing things.......keeps it fun! Anyway, today I am going to our BIG fall craft fair in Essex Junction. Ohhh I can't wait. I love this time of year when craft fairs are going on almost every weekend. This fair usually has over 400 crafters and vendors. Lately though it's been smaller so I don't know what to expect this year. I will let you know! I can't wait to find some more dichroic (sp?) glass. I love to get the pendants and the earrings.
I found a blog last night that just blew me away. Not just for the beautiful cards and projects she makes but for the kind of person she is. She is a foster mom. She has grown children of her own and grandchildren and now she takes in newborns and infants who need loving environments. I read her latest story and it struck me because the parents of the babies are both in the military and are BOTH leaving for a year up to 14 months to serve their country. They chose Barb and her husband Bill to care for their children while they are gone; twin infants and a toddler! Read their story...it just blew me away. Their generous hearts really touched me..... Here is their story. Then read this link, and this one, and this one. It will describe the process of getting their house ready and tells a little about the family.
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the fall weather!

1 comment: