Monday, September 1, 2008

Popsicle Cards

Katie made a bunch of popsicle cards last weekend. She had a lot of fun doing these. I stamped and colored and she assembled. We love how they turned out. These are for an upcoming craft fair we are doing together.

These first images are from Denami Designs. You can find their stamps here. I like the lemon
stamp because it's so versatile. It can be a lemon, lime or orange. Dont' have to buy three different fruit! LOL. These all have glitter on them which really jazzes up the card. I take that back, the cherries might not have glitter. All the images are stamped on white cs, colored with markers or pencils, glittered, dried and then cut out. Then they are mounted onto a coordinating piece of cs before adhered to the card front. The cherries were just punched out with a circle punch.

These next two cards have SU images. I love that watermelon; it's so cute! That one was stamped on red cardstock with black ink. Then also stamped on green cs in black ink. Then the rind on the green cs was cut off and adhered to the red watermelong, covering up the red rind. I liked it better this way than coloring it with red and green markers or pencils. Much brighter and more vivid. More work but nicer looking. :)
Katie is new to paper crafts, well relatively new and I had to convince her that diamond glaze would look awesome on the apples. Was I right? LOL. She didn't want me to do it. She also didn't want me to use the Liquid Pearls on the leaves either! LOL. But in the end she agreed. This one is my favorite. The apples are so shiny! These cards are so easy and fun to make.
Thanks for stopping by! What do you think? Think you'll make some too? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment