Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Valentine Cards

Started making Valentines Cards! Early start, actually! I am usually trying to get some done at the last minute! So here's my first Acetate card. Okay, don't laugh at my terrible embossing job! ;) I couldn't get all the powder off around the words. Acetate is so clingy! Next time, I won't emboss on the acetate. This heart pocket was inspired by http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...73109?cat=3741however, I made this heart bigger using my Cricut and scallop circle punches. Much faster to have tools cut it out for me! LOL I have a punch that has 3 different size tags on it and that's what I used for this tag. I pierced the scallop circles and the heart. I added faux stitching to the heart after piercing it.I like how it turned out with the exception of the embossing mess! LOL This is my first pocket heart card based on the template provided here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo... heart+pocket

A lot going on for this one;I used my word window punch to do the scallops and then a 1/16" punch on each scallop. A large brad holds it closed and attached to is wire and a tiny tag from a tag punch I have that does 3 different sizes. I stamped Love on the tag using a hero arts stamp.I did faux stitching with my white gel pen around the hearts.On the flaps of the heart, I used versamark and a stamp from Art Impressions to randomly stamp the hearts.I used several different ribbons and fiber and hanging from it is the word LOVE stamped on shrink plastic with an Inkadinkado stamp. I used red stazon and prismacolor pencil to color in the L.I used 4 different different prima flowers and a brad and attached it to the heart with a glue dot.I rubbed chalk ink over the white cardstock to pull out the embossed flowers and mounted the whole thing on pink cardstock. I used my ticket punch on each corner.Whew!

So here is one I did using Inkadinkado stamps. The sentiment is from Stampa Rosa. I used my CB to emboss the chocolate cardstock and then adhered it to a white card. The sparkly pink papers came from my LSS and I don't know who makes them. I used Stazon Blazing Red to stamp everything on this card. I cut the kitties out and mounted it to the darker pink paper. I found the little heart stickers from Michaels and they are from Stampendous. I also used my word window punch and my ticket corner punch as well as some brads. This one looks sooo much better in person. Sorry about the not so great picture. The shaker box is made of acetate and foam core board. I used my Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife to cut a heart shape out of the foam core board. I used my scallop heart punch to do the heart on the chocolate cardstock. The background of the shaker box is also chocolate cs that I ran through my cuttlebug. I cut the kitties out and adhered them to the embossed cs. I used a handheld heart punch to do all the hearts inside the box. I wrapped the white heart ribbon around the top of the shaker and then wrapped 1/8" red ribbon around the edge of the box so you wouldn't see the foam core. Then I adhered this whole box onto my red cardstock. That then went onto pink cardstock and finally my embossed chocolate cardstock. Lastly, I added dots and stitching with my white gel pen. I love how this turned out!
So what do you think? Any comments are appreciated! I am having so much fun making these cards! Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment