Sunday, January 27, 2008

Christmas Layouts 12x12

Wanted to share some Christmas Layouts I did. Some of the ideas were inspired by a book I have that I absolutely love! The first layout was so fun to do! I love to use chalks so you'll see chalks on every page, by the way!
In this layout, I did "presents" with rub on letters on white cardstock and then punched out each letter with a 1 inch square punch by EK Success. Then I chalked all the edges, alternating red and green letters. On the letters "P" and "e" and "s", I added an eyelet and some ribbon. Then I adhered them to the page.
I love this little detail....after adhering the red cardstock, I set eyelets on the red and also the printed paper about an inch and a half apart. I then tied ribbon between each set of eyelets. A fun little detail!
In this layout, I used patterned paper and cut them into strips and then rounded the corners. I again used chalk on all the edges. I punched holes and tied ribbon to each strip.

The little white journal boxes have brads set in.
On the next layout called "My Christmas Jammies," I added a lot of elements; fiber, chalk, rub on letters, QuicKutz letters, tags, faux stitching, and a secret journaling box.

Here's a close up of the tags that spell out "jammies". Each letter is stamped and then each tag is chalked. Then each tag is hung by the light blue fiber running across the page.

Here's a closeup of "my" and the first part of Christmas. The word My is done using rub on letters, and Christmas is done with QuicKutz.

Here is the secret journaling box. The mat for the photo isn't attached on the right side so you can pull out another piece of cardstock from behind it. The letters are stamped with brown ink.On the next layout, I used a few different patterned papers. At the bottom you'll see a pocket with a circle vellum window in the center. The pocket is made file folder style and adhered together on three sides with the top left open for a journaling card. Once the journaling card is written on and placed inside, you can see it through the vellum.

Close up of a journaling box. The numbers are stamped on patterned paper and then mounted on red cardstock. I used circle punches to cut them out.

Here is a closeup of the pocket. It is held together with staples on the sides.

The last Christmas layout is simple and I couldn't get a decent photo of it. Sorry about that. I even did some editing on my computer and this is the best I could do. Just two different colored cardstocks and two different patterned papers. The strip across the top of the page has stamped words; christmas, tradition, family and gather.Here is a close up of the words across the top.Hope you enjoyed my layouts! Drop me a line and tell me what you think! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment