Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Patriotic Handmade Album


Hi Everybody! I haven't posted in awhile! Sorry about that! I have been setting up classes to teach at my local stamp store for February, so I have been trying to come up with ideas and plan out my schedule.
This is a handmade album that I did last summer and came across it and wanted to share it with you. Here's how it goes together.....
I started with 2 pieces of foam core mat board approximately 5x7 inches and one piece that was 1x7 inches. I laid these on a piece of 12x12 patterned paper and cut the paper to the appropriate size allowing an inch border all the way around. When I placed the matboard down I left a tiny space between each piece. The smaller piece becomes the binding and when you open and close the book, the space that you leave between each piece allows for this motion very easily. I used glue stick to adhere the boards down. The excess paper gets folded in toward the inside of the book and then I covered the inside covers with coordinating patterned paper which covered the rest of the matboard and covered the edges of the patterned paper coming from the front of the book. I made sure to run my bone folder down those little spaces between each board so that it would open and close easily. The USA and the saying down the binding are stickers that I purchased with the paper. The book is held shut by a piece of ribbon attached to the back of the book, and around to the front. On the front I used a piece of velcro and then covered the edge of the ribbon with a large button.

No comments:

Post a Comment