Sunday, February 10, 2008

Waterfall Card and Tunnel Card

Yesterday I managed to make my tunnel card in record time! It took me about 2 hours! I don't think that's very fast for many of you though! The day before yesterday, I made a waterfall card, which I had never done before, but my camera was dead so I had to charge the battery......here is my tunnel card...I used patterned paper by Magenta and the colored cardstock came from my local stamp store. The yellow cardstock inside is just plain but the darker green cardstock has a shimmer to it; very nice color!



I used the tunnel instructions found here which were very easy to follow. I first cut out all my paper and cardstock and since I had patterned paper, I didn't have to stamp a background for the inside of the card. I did the inside first so I will talk about that first. After I cut everything, I scored all the pieces. Then I cut the ovals out using my Creative Memories templates and cutters. They are the best! Then I adhered the front pieces together. (the green and the patterned paper)

Then I stamped the sentiment on the yellow piece with VersaColor black and then embossed it with Stampendous Vertigre Opaque Embossing Powder. (The stamp is also from Stampendous). VersaColors gives it a more crisp image. Once that was done, I attached it to the back of the front piece.

I then moved on to the dangling piece you see above. I punched out a yellow piece with my Ek Success Whale of a punch 1 1/4" circle. I put VersaMark over the entire piece and embossed it with the same embossing powder I mentioned above. LET THIS DRY VERY WELL BEFORE YOU TOUCH IT! I learned the hard way, and scratched it and had to re-emboss the same piece. I couldn't see the scratch anymore, so that was nice! Then I punched a flower in plain green cardstock using my Marvy Uchida Flower Punch. It punches out the petals and center and leaves behind the negative space. I then punched the flower out with my 1 1/8" circle punch. You can see the embossing through the flower petals. I then attached a bronze brad in the center. Then I punched out another yellow circle the same size and did the same thing so that my dangly piece would be two-sided. In the middle is sandwiched some clear thread from my daughter's sewing kit! Below you can see a close up of the dangling flower.

Now I will move on to the front of the card...... I knew I wanted the same flower punched out on the front, so I did that in the lower right hand corner and filled the petals in with diamond glaze. I love how shiny it turned out!




Above that, I layered cardstock and stamped friends with VersaColor black and embossed with the same powder.Very easy to make and I loved how it turned out. What do you think?



Here is my waterfall card....

I used all the same paper and embossing powder for this one......I was quite intimidated for a long time and never wanted to try a waterfall card. Here are the instructions that I used. Let me tell you that it is a lot easier and faster than I thought! I actually thought this was easier than the tunnel card. Here is a close-up of the stamped image which I embossed. The stamp is a four-sided block from Impression Obsession. If you do any tea bag folding, this is what the stamp is used for; to make the squares for tea bag folding. Each of the squares is stamped on white cardstock and then mounted to yellow cardstock. I edged both of them with chalk ink before adhering them together.


You gotta try one of these cards if you haven't already. I think you will find that they both are quite easy. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave a comment if you have the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment