Monday, February 25, 2008

Star Book for Demo

Here is the star book I promised yesterday! They aren't that hard to assemble; just hard to fill all the pages. And when I can't use SU products, or creative memory products (for cutting holes), my Cuttlebug, Cricut, and SU ink, it makes it rather difficult to come up with alternatives! I basically can't use any supplies that this particular doesn't carry. She carries the Wizard and of course I have every other cutting tool except that one! LOL. I used my Marvy scallop punches to make the windows. I used colored pencils with baby oil to do all the coloring. I used background stamps to stamp all the inner and outer pages. I also used my clear glitter pen to outline the flowers and other key elements. The "Happy Spring" stamp is actually a long stamp that I separated into sections. The stamp is from Great Impressions and sold here at Addicted to Rubber Stamps. When I inked up my stamp, I covered with a post-it note the area I DIDN'T want. I also used my Stamp-a-majig for perfect placement. (I forgot to mention that was also a recent purchase! :D) The butterfly in the window is from the new Lizzie Anne set I mentioned i the previous post. This background stamp on the "hello" page is from Hanko Designs and is sold here. I love this stamp because it's beautiful when you use markers to color the stamp and then "huff" on it before you stamp it. You can get some amazing variation doing it that way. For this project however, I used Marvy Matchables Dye Ink pads. The bird stamp is from Inkadinkado and can be seen here. And here is my completed Star Book! What do you think? Feel free to leave comments or questions! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment