Monday, February 4, 2008

I saw this Hershey bar (link below) and thought it was beautiful! I hadn't tried the dahlia fold yet and thought this would be the perfect start! I didn't have to fold as many circles! LOL
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...7926?si=dahlia
I made several changes when I made this so that I wasn't completely copying! :) I stamped everything! I used circle stamps called Box of Dots from Hero Arts and stamped the wrapper using the rock and roll technique with pinks and reds. I also used the tiny heart pictured and another background stamp that has three tiny dots on it.I punched out the wings using my Marvy scallop circle (the blue one) and I stamped them with an Inkadinkado stamp. I used stazon blazing red to do that. I stamped on both sides of the scalloped circles so that when folded, everything would be covered. I then made the folds and then used my prismacolor red and roughly colored around the edges and creases. I then used a blending stump and baby oil and blended the color into the wing.I cut the body out with a wine bottle shaped punch from Marvy. I punched two out and adhered them together at the necks. I punched the heart for the butterfly body with an EK Success punch. I then colored it with a black prismacolor pencil and blended it with the baby oil and stump.I punched the large heart for the sentiment using a Marvy punch. I then put together the butterfly on the background by first positioning the body, then each of the wings. Then I put on the heart with dimensionals. I used brown wire for the antennae and adhered them underneath the body. Then I stamped the sentiment on the heart and used the red pencil and baby oil around the edges. I then adhered that to the wrapper. After everything was attached, I used stickles on the wings and around the folk heart.Then I put diamond glaze on the body to make it stand out a litte more. That's it! I then let it dry before I wrapped my candy bar! Thanks for stopping by! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment