Saturday, April 5, 2008

Alcohol Ink Cards

Have you all tried the alcohol ink technique? If you haven't, you must try it! It's super easy and the results are amazing! Depending on the color combination, you can get very vibrant results or more muted backgrounds. Sometimes you put some colors together, and the end result isn't what you expected but they are all beautiful. I taught this class the night before I went to the ER for my gall bladder and there were 5 people who took the class. Everyone used the same colors that I did on each card but EVERY card was different. They were all so pretty!
The technique is wicked easy! You can find a tutorial here. I also use this technique which is very similar called the Polished Stone technique. The Alcohol Ink tutorial is done using a metal tin, and the Polished Stone tutorial is done using glossy cardstock which is what I used for these cards.
For my cards I used a combination of alcohol inks and re-inkers. Yes I break the rules and mix the inks up. I will use a combination of inks on one card! It still works just fine! Don't be afraid to experiment. LIke I said, you may not get the color you expected in the end but the results are just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment