Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Mini/Planner with Beaded Binding



Hi everyone; happy Tuesday to you all!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend with your extra day off!  It was a very mellow weekend for us; lots of football and lounging! :)


Here is my Christmas Planner/Organizer that I made.  You will see lots of Christmas projects for a little bit because I haven't posted much.  But the way I figure it, it's hard for me to make a mini album without pictures and so I don't usually have an easy time making a mini well before Christmas.  This album doesn't have pictures in it yet but I do have them printed and ready to add.  The only thing that isn't complete in the pictures is the beaded binding.  I have it halfway done in these pictures because it's easier for you to see what's going on. 


This album is very thick and I have hinges between every page so that each page moves freely.  Because it is so thick, covering the binding was a little challenging so I settled on stringing beads all the way across to hide the hinges.  
There is no rhyme or reason to the order of the beads.  I just strung on beads that matched the paper collections I used.  There are so many colors on the papers that pretty much anything goes!  lol.
Inside, are sections that are labeled.  I used my Just Rite stampers alphabet stamps (the itty bitty ones that require tweezers) to stamp each divider tab.  
The pages are either white cardstock, coin envelopes, page protectors, or patterned cardstock.  The coin envelopes all have magnets or velcro to keep them shut. 
Thanks for stopping by today!  If you have any questions about this project, let me know. I would be happy to try and explain anything in further detail or take more photos.  I may do a video of this book to explain how I constructed it.  In the meantime, please leave a comment!  Thanks!  ;-)  Hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment