Sunday, January 4, 2009

In Loving Memory...

Sometimes things happen in life that we just can't explain. It's amazing how our blogging friends become such a huge part of our lives, and that it's hard to picture a day going by without checking in with them on their blogs or receiving an encouraging word from them. They are friends just like the ones we have next door or in the next town. We become just as close and their friendship is unconditional. We share so much in common and share so many of the same pitfalls or frustrations. We also share the same excitement and joy when we've made something that puts a smile on someone else's face. We enjoy and cherish those friendships but don't always tell them how much they mean to us. I wanted to take this time to thank each and every one of you who come here to visit me, drop me a note, encourage me in some way, and open your own hearts and creativity to me every day!!! I can't tell you how much it has meant to me.
Joanne Johnson, {My} Adventures in Cardmaking, died suddenly on December 12th after touching thousands of people through her blog. Her family made a final post on her blog on December 13th. If you visit her blog you'll see that everything appeared normal even the day before her death. I have read many posts where Joanne mailed Christmas cards the day she died and those people received those cards on December 13th. This just amazes me; that life is that unpredictable. That life is just that short. We take so many things for granted. We live our lives sometimes with total disregard for how quickly it can be taken away from us.
This year, I plan to tell those I care about how much they mean to me, how much I care about them, how much I value their presence in my life, and how empty I would feel if they were gone. I speak from experience when I tell you that having regrets after someone dies is a horrible feeling!! Don't go through life wishing you had said something, done something or written something to someone. You can't get that time back, you can't get that opportunity back once it's gone. Live every moment as if it's your last!!
Please visit Joanne's blog, see her work, see her creativity, feel her spirit through her family's post and all the comment's left on that final post. Remember those bloggers who you visit everyday and just make sure you appreciate all of those friends you've made in this wonderful stamping world. Because each of them have been blessings just like each of you have been blessings to me!!
Thanks for visiting me today! Big hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment