Sunday, May 25, 2008

Star Book

I am teaching a class in June on the star book. I was going to use the other star book that I made but decided that one was too much work for a 2 hour class so I came up with this one. I love the colors!
I used book board for the front and back covers and I used mulberry paper and a glue stick to cover them. The ribbon is attached with red line tape. The stamp on the front is from Hero Arts (my favorite company right now). I used chalk, a glitter pen, and markers on the cover.


On the inside pages, I used a variety of stamps including Hero Arts and Kodomo. I used a lot of different chalk colors around each page. The stamping was done with markers and NOT ink pads so I could get a variation of colors on the stamp. After "coloring" the rubber, I "huffed" to re-moisten the ink and then stamped on the cardstock. I really love how this one turned out. Star books are easy to make. Depending on the size you make them, you can use very little paper. This one is 4x5 because that's what size the book board was. That stuff is really think and hard to cut so I just changed the size of the cardstock.
What do you think? Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment