Sunday, May 25, 2008

Recipe Box

It's been a while since I've posted! Sorry about that! I am anticipating that June is going to slow down for me as far as work goes. At least I hope so! My boss is supposed to come back to work on June 3rd, but I haven't heard from her in three months so we'll see if she does come back! Her vacation was supposed to be 2-3 months long and she is taking the whole 3 months. How nice, huh?

Anyway, I don't want to get started on that whole story! I have managed to make some things during my absence! The only reason I did however, was becuase they are samples for classes! LOL

The first one is this recipe box. I love how it turned out! I found this great box by Darice at Michaels. It's larger than the average recipe box. It will accomodate 5x7 cards. I dont' know about you, but I can't fit an entire recipe on 4x6 cards! LOL. The paper is from Flair Designs and I found that at Joann's. They have several different papers that coordinate in this "food" motif. The look aged so it makes the box look like it's from your grandmother. Of course, I added chalk ink to all the edges to further emphasize age.

I used my cricut to cut out the letters to spell recipes and for the dividers I used letter stamps on my Stampa-ma-jig.

I used a glue stick for the entire project, including the tabs. I used my craft knife to go around the hinges and the inside of the lid. I attached cute little feet to the bottom as well.

I just love this paper! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment