Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Painting the porch...

Katie and I worked on the porch again today. Changing it from blue to green. It's been a long time since it's been painted. We've been in the house for 6 years and we've never painted it. I think the previous owners painted a couple of years before we bought the house! So the blue trim looks really bad! So bad that I am changing it to green! LOL. Even the white spindles on the railing are going green! We are really blending into the woods around us now! LOL. I tell Jared that we are camouflaged.
We managed to keep the dogs off the paint this time. The first time we painted, last week, we painted half the porch floor and of course the dogs had to walk on it! This time we finished the other half and we were able to keep the dogs off! We have the steps left to do and then the second coat on everything. Then we move on to the garage doors, lightpost, and mailbox post. My next project will be to re-stain the wood floors in the dining room and hallways! Not an easy job but one that has to get done, and I have always been of the mindset that "I can do it!" LOL. Most of the time I am right and have been able to figure things out that I have never done before...thank God!
Anyway, that was the majority of our day. We then ate dinner and walked to the creemie stand! Yum!
Off to bed; after midnight here! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment