Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Beaded Curtain I made for a client...



Well, here is the famous beaded curtain that I ranted about on SCS!! I hated this thing after about the 3rd day! Katie helped me do it and together we put in over 100 hours! We used over 22,600 beads! I never want to look at another bead! LOL

We originally wanted the curtain to be much fuller, but the doorway is almost 80 inches so it would have required 80 strands of beads. This is 53 strands on it now. We liked the spacing because it reminds us of a waterfall. So I lucked out and didn't have to make anymore strands!

We were also expecting them to hang perfectly even but since a lot of them are glass beads, they all have slightly different dimensions and getting them to hang perfectly even is impossible! So in the end, we love how it turned out, never made one before and will never make another! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Ugh!!!! The Bead curtain is Beautiful! Time spent doing it sickneing;)

    ReplyDelete