Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My First Smashes!! ..........inches lost!!

Hi Everyone!  I have jumped on the Smash book bandwagon!  LOL!  I must say, it was difficult to do at first, to just lay stuff down, but I will confess this was much more fun than trying to figure out the perfect scrapbook layout or design a mini album!!!  I don't have my own Smash book yet so I made this one with my Cinch and scrapbook paper from Recollections.  This stack is called Mosaic Memories, and I LOVE it!  Really fun patterns and some ledger type papers as well.  The stamps you see in the above photo are from Studio G.  The date stamp in the photo below, is from K & Company Smash line products.
 This page talks about losing 17 inches of "my glory" LOL!!!  I am so thrilled with my success so far.  Have many more inches to go but I am finally on the right track!

 The photo above is a close up of some buttons I made with pattern paper, cardstock and glossy accents.  I just layered cardstock until I was happy with the thickness and then added patterned paper to the top.  I used several sizes of circle punches to achieve this look.  But when you don't have buttons in every color of the rainbow or in different shades, this is a great way to still have buttons!

 I found a box of sight words that my daughter used and found this word, away.  I thought it was perfect to work into my title.  The words Inches and Yay are from a Making Memories Shimmer Alpha set.
 The large arrow is a stamp from Basic Grey's set called to the Point.  It comes with several different arrows.

The Celebrate stamp is from the $1 bin at Michaels.  I used Stampin' Up's Basic Black ink pad for all the stamping on these pages.

thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I am suspecting that you will see many more Smash pages in the days, weeks and months to come!!  =0)

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah for you for making your own Smash journal...it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Monika for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet compliment!! I really appreciate it!!! I plan on making many more pages; this is so fun!!
      Hugs,
      Rachel

      Delete