Monday, April 27, 2009

Flower Pot Pocket Card TLC215

I loved making this card!! What a fun challenge. A little time consuming because you have to glue lots of layers together and I had to use tweezers but it was relaxing to be honest. I love how it turned out. I used a multitude of flower punches and leaves and the branch punch. I used dew drops and brads for each center. This requires LOTS of wet glue; not glue stick or glue tape runner thingies. I used a paper piercer to apply the glue to the backs of each flower to stick them on. My husband came down and I showed it to him and he said, "now why don't you mass produce that and send it out to people???" I whipped my head around to look at him with this dumbfounded look on my face and said to him, "WHAT???.......do you know how long it took me to make this card????" LOL I started making this last week! Then I got sick (brochitis) and I finally finished it this afternoon! Sometimes he kills me! LOL

This is a technique lovers challenge on SCS. I posted the link in an earlier post but in case you missed it, here it is again. You gotta check out the gallery; so much inspiration there! Here is the card laying down so you can see the dimension.I used a larger size stylus and a foam pad and laid the flower on the pad and made little circular motions with the stylus in the center of the flower. This brings the petals up and pushes the center down. Then I glued each layer together and added a dew drop. The ones that have brads, I didn't use glue to put the layers together. The brads hold the layers together.Here you can see the embossed pot and the punched edge of the pot. I used a Martha Stewart border punch and I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the pot. After both of those things were done, I used a sponge and close to cocoa ink and swiped it across the pot so the dimension would pop.Here you can see the card with the flowers taken out. I used the same border punch to punch the blue cardstock.
This was fun fun fun! And not that hard. The instructions for the pot are very simple and you can find those instructions by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by today! I am glad you checked in! What do you think of my cute little pot? :)

3 comments:

  1. this is soooo adorable, I luv the textures, the colors, and the embellies....wow! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful "flower pot"!. I love these, but haven't tried one myself. They do look like a lot of work. Silly man! =) Great job Rachel

    ReplyDelete